Follow your geologist and environmental guide to the trip to Lake Doberdò and discover the famous “sinkhole” in the Province of Gorizia, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy. the lake is one of the few karst lakes in Europe. It is located on the westernmost edge of the Karst plateau, close to the Slovenian border.
|MEETING TIME||Check on form available start time. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure|
|LEAD BY||Professional-Certified Aigae and Geological Guide|
|LOCATION|| Doberdò del Lago (GO) (Map)
|BRING WITH||Hike wear according to season, sport shoes, boots or trekkers. Bottle of water and Camera|
|PRICE|| €18 per person
€14 under 14 yo
|GIFT CARD||Make it a Gift|
Located around 2 km southwest of the village of Doberdò, not far from the Adriatic coast, the water of this lake is filtered through various ponors, and it is connected with the springs feeding the Timavo River. Water level is variable, and flooding periods (spring and autumn) alternate with drying up periods (winter and summer).
During the frequent drought periods, the lake almost completely disappears, becoming a marsh-like area.
At the meeting point, you’ll receive your start briefing. After that, there’ll be 10 minutes car drive to the tour starting point. This hike is easy and suitable for everyone.
Professional tour guide
Trip tour insurance
Minimum age: 10 (under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult)
Participants must be physically able to walk continuously for about 4 hours
You will be part of a small group of 8 to 20 people
Those who are pregnant or have recently undergone major surgery are unable to participate
- Choose your date from calendar
- Enter your name and email
- Press the Book Now button to proceed
- From this page you can either get back to tour list to add more activities
- Proceed with checkout and complete the order
- Enter a coupon code (if you have one)
- Enter required details for booking order
- Choose to pay via Credit Card, PayPal or Direct Bank Transfer
- Confirm via Secure Payment to complete your booking
- Payment confirmation will arrive shortly in your mail (if not check SPAM box)
- A Detailed Booking email will be sent with info and tour overview (departure address, guide direct contacts, what to wear, what to bring an so on…)
- Remember to show your booking order ID the day of the activity