Enjoy the underground world guided by Speleologists and discover the Merlino’s Cave in Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy. Start hiking from the coast of Triest up to the cave entrance and let the adventure begin!
|AVAILABILITY|| Merlino’s Cave Adventure Calendar is available from booking form above
Find out More Caves Adventures here
|MEETING TIME||Check on form available start time. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure|
|LEAD BY||Professional-Certified Speleo Guide|
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Aurisina (TS) (Google Map)|
|DURATION||About 4 hours|
|WEAR/OUTFIT||Dress in layers and heavy footwear such as trekking boots|
|BRING WITH||Change of clothes and shoes, bottle fo water, towels|
|PRICE||€50 per person|
|GIFT CARD||Make it a Gift|
The Merlino’s Cave Tour it’s a unique “adventurous visit” in this area. Imagine yourself facing the coastal panorama of Baia of Triest standing in front of the cave entrance. The adventure starts here! Guided by professional and certified speleologists you will descend down the coast into the Merlino’s Cave wearing the outfit and gears of a real speleologist! Enjoy your first descent down ropes (a couple of meters) and then be ready to start your hike/visit in the natural beauty and historical cave.
Into the Merlino’s Cave, our guides will tell you interesting facts about it and show you some really nice manmade architecture that seems to melt with it. The Cave is large and has no narrow paths. Temperatures inside are about 13°C – 15°C.
The journey inside the “Y shape” of Merlino’s Cave will lead you to his exit climbing up to a big sand hill (like a desert dune, but inside the cave)! Cap Lights off and you find yourself just outside the town of Aurisina.
Speleo Professional Guide
Spelunking equipment and safety gear
Minimum age: 14 (under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult)
Must be physically able to climb and walk for a couple of hours
You will be part of a small group of 8 to 12 people
Those who are pregnant or have recently undergone major surgery are unable to take part
- Choose your date from calendar
- Enter your name and email
- Press the Book Now button to proceed
- From this page you can either get back to tour list to add more activities
- Proceed with checkout and complete the order
- Enter a coupon code (if you have one)
- Enter required details for booking order
- Choose to pay via Credit Card, PayPal or Direct Bank Transfer
- Confirm via Secure Payment to complete your booking
- Payment confirmation will arrive shortly in your mail (if not check SPAM box)
- A Detailed Booking email will be sent with info and tour overview (departure address, guide direct contacts, what to wear, what to bring an so on…)
- Remember to show your booking order ID the day of the activity