Glider Aircraft Thermal Lift Flight (sailplane) is probably the closest thing any human will come to feeling like a bird. Powered only by gravity and air currents, these gliders move silently through the sky, often for hours at a time. Because they have no engines, gliders or sailplanes can be thought of as pure flying vehicles, staying aloft by balancing the forces of gravity, lift, drag, and thrust.
|LEAD BY||FAA certified Flight Instructor|
|LOCATION|| San Mauro di Premariacco, Italy (Map)
|MEETING TIME||Passenger please arrive at least 15 minutes before departure|
|DURATION||From 30 minutes up to 1 hour flight (depending on season and temperature)|
|BRING WITH||Comfortable clothing. Sport shoes or sneakers|
|PRICE||€150 per person|
|GIFT CARD||Make it a Gift|
Your experience starts with the qualified instructor giving you a pre-flight briefing which will enable you to understand how the glider is capable of stay airborne for long period of time. Lift, the force that directly opposes gravity, comes from the force of the air on the underside of the wing. In a sense, a sailplane is very similar to a roller coaster.
Both are towed up high and released. They begin to fall and the force of gravity gets them going. Unlike a roller coaster, which continuously loses height, a sailplane can also gain elevation by riding rising currents of air.
Known as thermals, these localized updrafts are caused by air being heated by the warm ground below. When a glider hits a thermal, it can fly for hours at a time. We suggest Glider Aircraft Thermal Lift Flight also to make a wonderful gift. If the weather is unsafe for any reason, the experience will be postponed. For more information and booking details please contact us.
Greeting, registration and pilot briefing
Professional pilot and tour insurance
About 30 to 60 minutes flight (depending on thermal winds and season)
Minimum age: 18+
Minimum height: 1.40m
Spectators are welcome to watch the preparation and take-off
Those who are pregnant or have recently undergone major surgery are unable to fly
- Choose your date from calendar
- Enter your name and email
- Press the Book Now button to proceed
- From this page you can either get back to tour list to add more activities
- Proceed with checkout and complete the order
- Enter a coupon code (if you have one)
- Enter required details for booking order
- Choose to pay via Credit Card, PayPal or Direct Bank Transfer
- Confirm via Secure Payment to complete your booking
- Payment confirmation will arrive shortly in your mail (if not check SPAM box)
- A Detailed Booking email will be sent with info and tour overview (departure address, guide direct contacts, what to wear, what to bring an so on…)
- Remember to show your booking order ID the day of the activity