Visitait SRL – TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR SPORT, TOURS AND EXPERIENCES
Experience vouchers do not have a value stated on them and entitle the holder to the experience stated on them. The actual fulfilment of the experience will be by selected third party experience operators acting on our behalf. All Visitait Vouchers (“Vouchers”) carry a unique serial number which must be quoted when dealing with Visitait and its experience operators. Vouchers must be kept safely and securely and should be taken on the day of the experience and surrendered to the operator or alternatively sent to the operator if requested to secure the booking. We recommend sending them by secure mail as they are not replaceable if lost. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss you may incur as a result of theft, impersonation or identity fraud.
The placing of an order constitutes your acceptance of Visitait’s Terms & Conditions of trading but does not constitute the creation of a contract. The contract is between you and Visitait, once we have processed your order and received payment. For the protection of our customers and to ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. If an order cannot be fulfilled for any reason, Visitait will promptly refund all monies. Duplicate orders are sometimes inadvertently placed or despatched. We ask that you return any duplicates immediately or contact us for further instructions. Should both vouchers be used, we will be entitled to claim payment for the costs incurred.
All prices shown on Visitait websites are in EURO and all transactions are conducted in EURO. If ordering from overseas or from a foreign currency account you may be charged fees by your bank to process the transaction. These fees are in addition to any prices on our website and are beyond our control.
Experience descriptions, formats and durations
Experience descriptions, format and timings given on Visitait websites and in any other literature are only intended to present a general idea of the experience, and shall not be considered binding. In particular, photographs are for illustrative purposes only and do not form part of any contract between you and Visitait. As Visitait offers experiences at a wide number of venues, details such as session lengths, itineraries, equipment used and numbers of participants may vary from location to location. Most experiences will be “open” days meaning that other members of the public will be taking part too. This could mean taking your turn with other members of the public. If delays, curtailments and breakdowns are not within Visitait’s control, we cannot be held liable if these should occur. Please note that we reserve the right to alter any part of the experience where such an alteration has been imposed by the operator. We cannot be held responsible for descriptions by or on any third party or agent sites. Experiences may occasionally be withdrawn for reasons outside of our control, and Visitait cannot be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of this. Should this occur, you or your recipient will be advised and offered the opportunity to exchange your voucher for one with the same face value. If alternatives are available, no refunds can be offered.
The recipient is free to book their preferred date within the Voucher validity period. Experiences are subject to availability and, in some cases, may be subject to weather conditions (if your experience is weather dependent we advise telephoning the centre before you set out to confirm that the event will take place). To avoid disappointment we recommend that customers book well in advance, at least 6-8 weeks for the majority of experiences. During peak periods it may be necessary to allow a longer notice period although some operators may occasionally be able to fit in a booking at short notice. We recommend booking as early as possible as you must have undertaken your experience before the expiry date printed on the front of your Voucher. We strongly advise that you do not make any travel, accommodation or other arrangements until you have received confirmation of your booking from the experience operator. Once a date has been booked with a supplier your Voucher will be deemed to be used at that point.
Most experiences are subject to restrictions. These could include (but are not limited to) age, height, weight, physical and medical restrictions, and may vary from centre to centre so please check before making your booking. Details of these restrictions are available on our website and by visiting www.alpsndown.com. It is your responsibility to ensure that you choose an experience appropriate for the intended recipient and it is the responsibility of the recipient to double check that the restrictions are not prohibitive. If you are unsure of the suitability please telephone us and we will be happy to advise you.
Spectators are usually welcome but occasionally a centre may make a small charge to cover insurance and/or refreshments. Some venues may have restrictions on spectators due to safety regulations. Participants are advised to check with the centre when booking.
Prices & locations
We reserve the right to vary the prices of the experiences which we offer. Visitait’s current experience prices may differ from the value of your face value voucher. Locations are correct at the time of going to press but may change or be withdrawn for reasons beyond our control. For overseas experiences prices may fluctuate with exchange rates.
Prices shown include V.A.T when and where applicable.
The Voucher validity period is generally from 6 to 12 months from date of purchase unless otherwise stated. Experiences must be booked and undertaken prior to the expiry date printed on the front of the Voucher, otherwise the Voucher will be deemed to be invalid and no liability will be accepted by Visitait.
- All experience vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of purchase unless otherwise stated.
- If you can’t take your experience within the validity period, and provided your voucher has not expired, you may be able to extend it.
- Extended vouchers have an additional validity period of up to 12 months.
- If the price of your chosen experience has increased you will be required to pay the difference between the new experience price and the value of your voucher.
- The administration fee along with the original voucher and any further payments must be sent to Visitait for an extension to be processed.
- Once a voucher has been extended it cannot be refunded.
- It may be possible to exchange – to find out further information please contact our Customer Service Team.
- Some vouchers can’t be extended. These include expired vouchers, promotional vouchers, multi–choice vouchers, activation cards and gift cards.
- Experience vouchers are flexible. If you want to exchange your voucher this is what you need to know:
- You can exchange for most experiences and products on our website unless they carry this symbol ★
- If your exchange is more expensive than your original voucher you will be required to pay the difference.
- If your exchange is less expensive than your original voucher the difference will be held as a credit to use against any future purchase up until the original expiry date of your voucher and is non refundable.
- Your first exchange is free of charge, any subsequent exchanges will have an administration charge of £20.
- The exchanged voucher will carry the same expiry date as the original purchased voucher.
- You can merge vouchers provided they have not been merged before and they have been purchased from the same retailer brand or website. There is an administration fee of £20 for merging vouchers and the new voucher will carry the expiry date or the earliest merge voucher.
- To exchange your voucher please call our Customer Service Team and they will be happy to advise you of our process.
- Refunds can be made on unused vouchers bought direct from Visitait within 14 days of purchase.
- A refund cannot be given once the booking has been made with the experience provider.
- Refunds can only be made to the purchaser and the monies will be refunded directly to the original method of payment.
- Refunds cannot be given on expired, extended or exchanged vouchers.
- The following tangible gifts cannot be refunded: personalised items, perishable goods or earrings (for hygiene reasons).
- A voucher purchased through a retailer or other reseller will be subject to that retailer’s own refund policy and enquiries must be made directly to them. We cannot refund items purchased from a retailer or other resellers.
- Competition prizes or promotional free gifts cannot be refunded.
- To request a refund please send your voucher along with a covering letter explaining the reason for your request to Visitait SRL.
Visitait has contracted agreements with its operators regarding their standard of performance and, where appropriate, operators are registered with their relevant controlling or regulatory bodies. Once a booking has been made with an experience operator the participant is also bound by the Terms and Conditions of that operator. By purchasing or redeeming an Visitait Voucher you acknowledge that experiences are dependent on certain factors beyond the control of Visitait and agree that Visitait is not liable for the cancellation, postponement or alteration of any experience for reasons beyond its reasonable control (including but not limited to weather-related reasons, mechanical failure, location changes or otherwise). If mechanical breakdown should occur you should expect reasonable substitutions without notice. Please note that experiences and other products are subject to change without notice. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Problems on the day
We welcome your feedback on all of our experiences. If you encounter a problem on the day, please immediately bring it to the attention of the host or experience operator at the venue so that they have a chance to put matters right. If you have attempted resolution but the problem was not resolved on the day, please write to us within a week of your experience (providing your Voucher serial number, participant’s name and venue details, including who you spoke to on the day) and we will be happy to take the matter up with the operator on your behalf. The address to write to is; email@example.com. Please note that the operator will have the opportunity to investigate and respond.
Cancellation by experience operators
If an experience is cancelled by the operator either before or on the day of the event due to circumstances beyond their control, the operator will arrange to re-book the participant at a mutually agreed time on our behalf. Visitait cannot be held liable for any costs including (but not limited to) travel expenses or pre-booked accommodation costs incurred by the participant in the event of a cancellation and Visitait’s total liability for any claim in connection with an Visitait experience shall be limited to the price paid for the experience.
Cancellation by participants
Once you make a booking with an experience operator you are bound by their terms and conditions. Make sure you understand their rules regarding changing or cancelling a booking (particularly at short notice) as a refund will not be offered in the case of infringement of these rules. Visitait’s Cancellation Indemnity policy may provide a replacement Voucher in the event of cancellation by the participant owing to circumstances beyond their control.
All UK and Eire experience operators contract with us to indemnify participating Voucher holders against damage to equipment they use, and against liabilities to third parties, subject to limits and compliance with their rules, terms and conditions, which may vary between operators. We also hold cover, subject to terms and limits, for contingent liabilities arising at these operators’ venues. Where experiences require overseas travel, the participant is strongly advised to take out additional specialist travel insurance. Some experience operators may offer additional indemnities at an extra cost. Such indemnities are entirely optional and you are under no obligation to purchase them, as your entitlement to undertake the experience will not be affected if you choose not to accept an additional indemnity. Any additional indemnities purchased from an experience operator will be governed by that operator’s terms and conditions and do not form any part of your contract with Visitait.
Competition prizes, special offers and promotional offers
These may have restrictions including (but not limited to) dates and times of use, validity periods and experience range or content so please be sure to check these before purchasing and telephone our Experience Helpline if you are in any doubt. Competition Prizes, Special Offers and Promotional Offers cannot be refunded or extended unless otherwise specified. (A promotional product refers to a voucher which was sold at a discounted price or as part of a special offer, whether or not this is stated on the voucher).
Discount codes & entitlements
Visitait reserves the right to exclude any product or experience from discount schemes. Only one discount code may be used per order. Discounts apply to new orders only and cannot be used against exchanges, extensions, money on account, delivery and fulfilment charges or any other facility provided by Visitait. You may be required to provide evidence of your entitlement to any discount.
Dated: 1 January 2018. These supersede all previous terms and conditions.