When you are about to go on a Sailing boat it all comes to relaxation, sport, and adventure to discover enchanting places, but above all, it’s a new way to enjoy amazing holidays, original and never the same, which has been very successful in recent years.
The reasons for this remarkable development are the pleasure of living the rhythms dictated by nature where everything flows slowly, immersed in the sounds and smells of the sea and the wind, enjoying the simple and genuine flavors of the Adriatic cuisine.
Preparation for Yacht Charter
The experience teaches that harmony onboard is the result of the reciprocal collaboration between the boarded cruisers. The rules of good manners are valid above all where spaces are restricted. Therefore here a few things to know:
- The possibility of unexpected events must always be taken into consideration: those embarking on a cruise must be prepared to accept program changes and shift times
- Remember that water is precious, don’t let it run from the taps unnecessarily
- Smoking is not allowed under deck; allowed only outdoors and “leeward” to others. Cigarette butts should not be thrown into the sea
- It is a good rule to minimize waste
- Baggage must consist of the minimum necessary and don’t have to be the classic rigid but soft suitcase and easily stowed
Bring with on a Sailing Trip
Some suggestions and sailing tips on what to bring with during your adventure:
- 1 long and 1 short pair of trousers
- 2/3 T-shirts, a long-sleeved shirt
- 1 sweater for the evening
- A light windbreaker (K-way)
- Swimwear, underwear, socks
- Closed shoes (not to wear onboard), flip flops
- Towels, sleeping bag, and pillowcase (on request sheets and blankets will be provided)
- Personal hygiene products: toothbrush, toothpaste, wet wipes, shampoo etc…
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and after sun
- Hat with visor/kerchief (not to wear if too windy)
- Specific (personal) medicines (there is always a first aid kit with the necessary equipment)
- Identity documents valid for expatriation if you go abroad
At last, but not at least, some recommendations:
- Electricity is as precious as water. Phones, cameras, cameras, computers, mp3 players, etc. they must be recharged during “engine navigation”
- Clothing must be practical and sporty
- Solar radiation is amplified by the glare of the water. It is therefore easy to burn yourself, bring adequate protections
- When sailing, but especially when maneuvering and moving around the deck, it is advisable to be really, really careful and grip steady around you to avoid tripping or slipping
- Inform the skipper when boarding about aquatic problems (fear of water, fear of going under the water with your head, not knowing how to swim.)
Here we are, that’s all!
Link click for available information about our Tours.